Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: Lars Likes Laos - Pagina 2 - Forum Wereldfietser

Lars Likes Laos

Ha Lars
Hehe eindelijk de info van internetcafe's
vientiane, vang vieng (falang vieng), omdat het voor met toeristen zit, Luang Prabang (Luang falang) hetzelfde.
Udom xai, muang sing en daar tussen zit nog een grote plaats. Bert help me ik ben even de naam vergeten. Gelukkig hoef ik de dialezing niet te doen. Fotograferen is veel leuker.
Groetjes
Gudy

Oja Luang Namta...
Laos Fietsers veel plezier en ik volg de verhalen. Hopelijk hebben jullie wat aan mijn info gehad.
Gudy
Hai Rena en Gudy,
Ja hoor bedankt Gudy voor alle info, het staat genoteerd 1
En de enkel Rena, no se, ben tot aan een sportarts geweest in het grootste en mooiste stadion van nederland...inderdaad ja, de kuip.
Arts kon nix raars vinden dus het moet wel goed gaan ( al voel ik af en toe wel iets, grrrrrr ) Geen pijn maar iets... maar met een f ervoor en ik fiets, hi hi. Keep you guys informed, yeah, I am afraid in englisch. Soon, very soon now... :D

Ha die lars!

Je bent nog niet weg en je hebt nu al weer twee pagina's vol!

Goede reis, en veel plezier!

John.

Hallo Lars,

It is monday morning, 15 November, and your trip starts today. As before, we look forward to reading your stories, so do not forget those wonderful people at home!

Take care and enjoy!!!

Groet,
Rena :wink:

he lars,

hoop dat je onwijs veel plezier gaat hebben van deze tocht...

en nog effies en ik kan ook weer enthousiast mee gaan doen, dan trommel ik wel even een van de mensen van de site op of ze mee willen. mijn eerste grote tocht nu ik weer ok ben(bijna) ga ik niet alleen rijden.

de fysio zegt dat ik binnen een maand van em af ben!
dus wacht maar af, als je terug bent haal ik je weer volop in.

groetjes nathalie
Hai everyone,

For those who not know, L L L stands for Lars Likes Laos, its the title of my stories on www.wereldfietser.nl / forum / bestemmingen / Azie / L L L

Okidokie, start wasn't that great...had to pay overweight. 46 euro per kilo. Know I had 20 kg overweight... But They didn't weight my bike so I told it was 15 kg. Still far to heavy so I had to go to the overweught balie, where a nice girl was sitting... I was talking like brugman, know him? , and she made the deal of paying for 3 kg. At that time I didn't know the rate so I agreed...she said 136 euro please...I turned white, put on my freindliest face and said : but here in my too heavy bag I have 12 sandwiches..if I eat them now can we make it then 2 kg please ? Ofcourse the lady couldn't resist my smile....I left 92 euro poorer...

Flight was nice, fast also.

Bangkok international aiport....0700 hours....above 30 degrees celcius...pfff. an enormous busy road, no two, above this one another..
Filled with noisy cars, busses, scooters, a terrible smell....
Larsje, fresh out of Holland, no sleep for many hours...yeah, the start wasn't that great... Cycling a few km learned that I misunderstood my map, not only 15 km to my hotel but 30 or more... But, there went a train so I went out looking for the station, bought a ticket for only 25 cents and wasn't let on the train.impossible with a bike a not that nice conductor told me.... So I struggled on through the traffic, trying to reach center Bangkok alive.....
After two hours and more dead than alive I found a place to sleep...and so I did for almost the rest of the day. That night also early to bed but sleeping in 30 degrees in a small room with only a noisy van isn't that simple.
No, my first hours here aren't that nice.
Today I went to the Lao ambassy for my visum, rsiking my life again on my bike here in Bangkok. 40 km of cycling saved me 60 euro, but if I'll do it again ? don't think so. But I did what I had in mind and succeed.

This afternoon I bought a train ticket to Nong Khai near Laos border..
I wanted to take the day train but that wasn't possible so now I am leaving tonight, at 2045 hours. Reaching Nong Khai the other morning.

I am so looking forward to some peace, nice nature, green mountains...
I can't wait for a sandy road ahead of me...I am taking a dirt road from vientiane to start with, west wards for a while and than to the north to Vang Vien. From there to Luang Prabang and then I'l see again.

Wel folks, that's all for know. If I have some time left I'm going for a thai massage I think after this busy day. Just looked on my watch, no time left. Have to pack my bags and get some food for tonight and tomorrow morning.

Adios, next time out of Laos !!!

Ha die Lars,

Groetjes uit Sri lanka, stukken minder warm dan Thailand in deze tijd. De regentijd is hier nog niet voorbij. Zit je lekker te internetten aan de Mekong?
Hoe smaakt het Singha Beer, pas op want dt goedje is sterk, terwijl het niet merkt. Lao Beer aan de overkant is milder en ook aanzienlijk godkoper.

Je hebt geluk: komende volle maan is het Loi Krathong: het grote feest.

Groetjes,

Bert

Hoi Lars,
Leuk om te lezen dan Bangkok in de afgelopen 15 jaar niet veranderd is :lol:
Maar geen zorgen, eenmaal eruit wordt het anders. Nong Khai is heel anders.
Maarre, hebben we misschien iemand in ons midden die je verhaal kan vertalen? In het Nederlands, ....... of Engels?
Ben benieuwd naar je volgende etappe!
Groetjes,
Leon

Ha die Lars,

Leuke verhalen! Ik hoop dat je weer net zo te keer gaat als in Amerika.
Then have to read like a brugman!!!!!

Groeten, John.

Hi Lars,

Om je boven in de lijst te houden en vooral aanwezig in ons midden, schrijf ik je maar weer eens. Ik ben benieuwd hoe je treinreis is bevallen en waar je je nu begeeft. Heb je trouwens je mobiel mee? Ik heb je nl. ge-sms-t.

En LLL, een ding moet je weten:
RLN = Rena Likes Nederland (at the moment)

Groet,
Hai Bert, Sri Lanka ? ook niet mis ! bedankt voor je tips en jij ook een fijne reis, groetjes.

John, I'll do my best mate !!!

Rena, goed om te horen dat je het naar je zin hebt en nee, geen gsm bij me.

Leon, weer over mijn poor english ???? Sorry mate but with half a liter of beer it isn't that easy.....trouwens, je bent wel de tweede al die het zegt :evil:

Okay, now some stories.....
Hello everyone,

The nighttrain to Nong Kai was great, slept well. Arriving at 0900 hrs and finally Laos is close. Cycled, yes my cycle friends, cycled across the friendshipbridge across mekong river into Laos. It is possible know.
On my way to Vientiane, only 30 km. Visited local supermarket and bank, left the last one 1.5 million kip richer !!! And 3 cm of money in my pocket haha. Decided to make an early camp because I neede to regroup my bags. So I cycled and cycled untill I found a place out of town, drove up a dirt road. At a house I asked if I could camp there for a night, showed a picture of my tent and made clear I was going to sleep in there. No problem sofar. I washed myself with half a liter of water, drank a beer and made dinner. Also had some fun with some kids, they teaching me Lao and I learned english to them. Then there was a guy, asking me for my passport, said he wanted tyo see it. I said no it's in my bags, no need to, everything is fine. He said he was from immigration or something but I still refused. When I wanted to go to sleep the same guy came and said he wanted to talk. I said no. tomorrow, now I am going to sleep. The situation diddn't feel good. I asked the kids if everything was okee but no answer. I said. well I see you tomorrow, then we talk and he said no, a friend of his was coming. A minute later he arrived, wanted to see my passport. He was in uniform so I did. Looking in my passport and talking in his radio. He said it is not safe, you are not allowed to camp and sleep in your tent. I said I feel perfectly safe, I camped in a dozen of countries, more dangerous than peacefull Laos, whats the problem ? He sain nott safe, we take you to hotel. With a car. We went to the road after I packed not so happy in the dark my tent and stuff. And started waiting for the car. Meanwhile the guy in uniform asked if I was married, said no. He said, what, such a cute guy not ?? And I think he touched my knee, haha, yeah, now I can laugh ( now is in Vang Vien in an internet cafe with a big beer so excuse me for my english H )
But the whole situation didn't feel good, didn't feel good at all. After 10 min I asked where the car was and he said that his friend was now with his family and he come soon. I said, no, I know a hotel in Vientianne, let's go, me on my bicycle and you on your scooter. And so we did, accompanied by police we drove to town. After 5 km the guy in uniform stopped at a big building, some guys in uniform were there. He said go in here, then we wait. I said what is this, I thought we were going to a hotel, I am not going in here. It felt not safe, alarm bells were ringing. 5 sec later I made a decision, I wanted to go to hotel, right now. So I jumped on my bike and shouted to the man, let's go !!! I konw a hotel, come on !! And started to move. A policeman was hesitating to stop me but I looked behind me and waved, come on !!! And so I left, followed by the man in uniform. Whole situation still didn't feel good so I decided to get rid of him in the busy traffic or town. After a km orso I shouted, oaky, we are close now, I can find my hotel, thank you and goodbye !! But he didn't bite and so we went on. It was a 3 lane wide road. each side. in the middle a concrete wall. Suddenly an opening.....without hesitation I drove through it, now atb the wrong side of the road. The scooter with my guard was still on the other side. I biked as fast as I could, scooter was speeding up as well, I heard. Then a dark sandy road to my left, in a split of a second I drove in it. Dark as hell, normally I wouldn't think about it but this wasn't normal. I biked as fast as I could, at the end turned left agaig, an even worse road, dark and full off garbage. But I went along, turned left again and was again on the busy 6 lanes road. I stopped in an alley, removed my white t-shirt and hat so that I was a little less easy to see. I lost my guard....Biking now again as fast as I could I went into town, hoping my guard didn't spot me. Found a hotel, climbing up the stairs, looked in my guide book and saw 20 dollars for a night. Safe, okay but still a dutchmen right ? Too expensive, I looked for some other hotels nearby and found so in my book. Those I reached also safe, 5 dollars, better... In my room I celebrated with a large bottle of beer, didn't want to take the risk being seen on the streets... pffff, what a night.....
I slept very well, the rest you hear tomorrow, am going to look for a restaurant and eat something.
Hahaha, what a begin of my trip ....

Ha die Lars,

Mooi verhaal zeg! In Iran het zelfde meegemaakt, alleen drie dagen lang politie bewaking naast je fiets. Ieder dagdeel een ander persoon soms op de motorfiets, soms in een auto. Niet zo leuk als je in een gebied reist vol met nomadenstammen, terwijl je voor die nomaden bent gekomen.
Als we de nomaden wilden fotograferen werden ze door de politie weg gejaagd. Afijn, net als jouw lukte het pas in een stad om de politie af te schudden.

Hopelijk heb je geen last meer van die lui.

Groeten, John.
Hai there,

Sandra, I am in Laos, it is in Asia, above Thailand.
So, where were we, o yeah, Vientianne, escaped from my ' guard' .
I left the following morning without being noticed. First 10 km or so were quite busy, then beautifull Laos came : green mountains, rice fields, people working on it. The wheater is still above 30 degrees and all day sunny, very good indeed !
I see many butterflies, some the size of the palm of my hand and in all colours of the rainbow.
I eat lunch on the side off the road, near a lake filled with purple waterlillies. See a bus filled with gringos just fly on...poor them, I stop whenever and whereever I want ! Ha, two important advantages of travelling by bike. And at the end of the day, after a 80 or 100 km, when I have washed myself, or taken a cold shower, even sometimes a hot one, that beer tastes so good !!!! How harder the day was, the better the beer gets....strange but true.

I cycle through villages, well, houses lined along the broad. Houses are made of bamboo and cane and often standing on wooden poles, 2 meters above the ground.
When I cycle through, some people and all the children are shouting : sabaai dii !!! meaning, hello !!! It's great, havin' a lot off fun. Yeah, bringing back joy.

Now I am in Vang Vieng, visited today a huge cave which was nice.
I had lunch in the market for only 50 cents, my dear friend Danny from Peru learned me that that is the cheapest place to eat. I was the only white man, all the other gringos where in the restaurants in town, eating for 3,4 or 5 times as much.
Then had a Lao massage for an hour, which was really nice. From toes to fingers, legs to head, all my muscles were found for the price of 3 dollar. I tipted the girl almost the same amount.

One time I was riding on the road and maybe 40 children came towards me, all on bikes as well. Everyone of them said sabaai dii and to all of them I said back sabaai dii. Everyone was laughing, havin' a great time.
Me on my bike, enough water and food, a place to sleep.
Sometimes I feel just like them kids, happy with little...

he lars,

dat met die agent was wel fkes raar zeg, gebeuren dat soort dingen vaker daar?

wel gaaf dat iedereen daar verder zo vrolijk en vriendelijk en gastvrij is...

groetjes nathalie
Hallo Lars,

Alles gaat wel goed he, tot nu toe. Fiets je iedere dag toch zo'n 100 km ?
Wat eet je ?
Hier gaat alles z'n gangetje, alleen zag ik gisteren bij ons op het terras een echte blauwkop-kanarie. Gaaf he !
We horen het wel als je je eerste olifant bent tegen gekomen.

Groeten van Corry,

Pap

He Lars,

Vergeet je niet een souveniertje voor me mee te nemen!

Groet,
Hallo allen, ja, maar een keer in het nederlands, sorry Danny & Sandra from Peru.

Zit ik hier als otbijt een noodle chicken soepie te eten, lekker naar binnen te lepelen, bedenk ik me opeens, hee man, zit ik hier in Laos !!!
Een soepie als onbijt naar binnen te lepelen !!! Great !!!!
Bedenk ik , hee, dat is een leuk begin voor een e-mail, dus schrijf ik op in mijn boekje :
Zit ik hier als otbijt een noodle chicken soepie te eten, lekker naar binnen te lepelen, bedenk ik me opeens, hee man, zit ik hier in Laos !!!
Een soepie als onbijt naar binnen te lepelen !!! Great !!!! En bedenk ik me opeens ... Zo raak ik verzeild in een vicieuze cirkel waar ik enkel uit ontsnappen kan door mijn soepie maar op te eten.
Dit voorval vind plaats in een plaatsje op 1400 meter hoogte, door Bert Sitters aangeprezen. Bert, ik weet niet off ik het goede guest house heb, the three sisters. Ik heb aan het meiske gevraagd hoeveel zussen ze had maar ze zei 10 of 11, hahaha. Wat wel klopte is dat ze goed bier halen kon....Best wel goed trouwens zo'n noodle soepie tegen een kater....
Mijn hemel wat was het gezellig gister avond. Ze bleef idd bier halen, eerst 1 tegelijk. later werden het er 2 en 3 tegelijk ! Ze drinken hier trouwens net zoals in zuid amerika, met z'n allen uit 1 glas wat steeds opnieuw gevuld de kring rondgaat. Gezeten met z'n allen rond een vuurkorfje voor de warmte, worstjes op het rooster. Het was een superavond, waggelend naar de wc en daarna maar wat gaan eten...

Hier ging weer trouwens een ouderwets superdaggie aan vooraf...
Stel je voor, een strakblauwe hemel, een graadje of 30. Grillig gevormde bergen, in wel honderd verschillende kleuren groen, zo mooi...
Een mooie asfaltweg, golvend op en neer. Dan een klim van zo'n km of 15 a 20. steigingspercentage schommelt rond de 5 %. Eindeloos gaat de weg omhoog, het is rond het middaguur, al aardig warm. Het klimmen gaat perfect, rond en rond gaan de beentjes in een ritmisch tempo. Ik raak als in een trance, dit gaat geweldig ! Lichaam en geest in goede harmonie...het vele water wat ik drink gaat er van boven in en komt er op alle andere plekken weer uit, zwetend als een otter, man wat is dit lekker, wat gaat dit goed zo ! Een paar militairen langs de weg ' vraag ' ik met handgebaren of de weg omhoog blijft gaan, ze knikken ja en ik zeg, great, yeah !!! Zonder elkaar te verstaan begrijpen we elkaar en lachend fiets ik verder. Dan een klein afdalinkje, het doet me denken aan een weg in Peru, dezelfde bocht, links de bergen, rechts het dal. Spontaan gaat het rechterfuistje gebald de lucht in en een vreugdekreet ontsnapt aan mijn lippen....jihaa !!!!!!!!
Dan klimt de weg weer verder om bij de top aan te komen, het zweet is opgedroogd, de euforie blijft....
Het is geweldig hier in Laos, zo mooi. Ik heb het weer als vanouds reuze naar m'n zin, het vuistje, de vreudekreten, het zingen onderweg, het kan niet op....voor altijd zou ik zo door willen gaan en misschien doe ik dat nog wel eens....
Hee nathalie ! Gelukkig gebeurd dat niet vaker nee. Ik denk dat ze daar in VIentianne waar her gebeurde een beetje paranoia waren. ER is nl een Asian top meeting, buitenlanders mogen dan niet daar zijn tussen 22 nov en 1 dec. Nu was ik daar wel ver voor die datum maarja....ik weet het ook anders niet.

Een souveniertje Rena ? Wat had u gehad willen hebben dan ? Als het niet te zwaar is, hi hi. Dat gedoe met overgewicht enzo...

Pap, de 100 km heb ik nog niet gehaald, wil het de eerste week rustig aan doen na zolang niet fietsen. De enkel is werelds, no problemo !
Ik eet wat de pot schaft, vaak een noodle soep of rijst met wat groente een een schaars stukje kip ofzo. In de grote steden is het menu gevarieerder, ik heb net een pizza naar binnen zitten werken, majmmie !!!

Okidokie, groetjes daar in het koude holland :D