Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag: iets met bomen en bos... welke landen, welke route - Pagina 3 - Forum Wereldfietser

iets met bomen en bos... welke landen, welke route

Frans & Dieuwertje schreef:
wo 17 jul, 2019 17:16
Het lijkt erop dat het jullie niet zoveel uitmaakt waar. Dan kan je net zo goed dichter bij huis blijven.marokko en dan terug naar huis door Spanje en Frankrijk, zoals Kees hier al als tip geeft inclusief vervoer tips.
Dat klopt niet. Het maakt ons wel degelijk uit. We zijn gek op Azië en dat is ook de reden waarom we daar gaan fietsen. Hebben ook al veel gezien in Azië, maar nog meer niet. We vinden het gewoon een hele puzzel als je kijkt naar interessant fietsen, klimaat, afstanden etc.
We hadden al een mooie route op het oog: Noord Thailand - Laos - Cambodja (en evt maand Taiwan)
A number of multi-year cyclists with extensive experience of pedalling through China – loved Taiwan.

https://www.pushbikegirl.com/category/b ... n/?lang=en
https://www.pushbikegirl.com/category/b ... n/?lang=en

http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/c ... sia/china/
http://www.worldbiking.info/wordpress/c ... ia/taiwan/

The island of Hainan is also popular with touring cyclists.
Iemand een suggestie waar je na Macau op de trein kunt stappen en wat een goed punt is om weer uit te stappen?
We only rode the train once. It was comfortable – but it took a whole day beforehand to get tickets for our bikes. We think the reason was because our train didn’t have a baggage wagon – and our bikes ended up arriving a couple of days later at our end destination.

For shorter distances, busses were much easier and more straightforward. But there was one catch. People with luggage (that needed to be stored in the baggage compartment underneath the bus) were only allowed to board the bus at bus stations. The bus stations are in the larger towns. Between towns, the bus just stopped alongside the main road to pick up passengers. We once tried to get on a bus between towns (because the road had become so DANGEROUS) but the bus drivers kept pointing back to the bus station. So we ended up pedalling back 30 kms. back to the bus station.
Er geen land ter wereld waar de verkeersomstandigheden zo snel veranderen als in China.
What Peter writes is so true!!!

An example from Amaya Williams who writes:

Afbeelding
One stretch of road had been completely destroyed and was just one big mud bath on and off for around 100 kms. FRUSTRATING! I don’t know why the Chinese can’t rebuild their roads in small sections instead of tearing everything up. I know for a fact that this road used to be paved–Bill Weir wrote about it in his CGOAB diary. Oh, well…no use complaining. At least it wasn’t raining.
Hoeksie writes:
Ik zie bijna de hele weg een kleine weg (wit) naast de hoofdweg, maar zie op het stuk dat er geen andere weg is een grote tunnel verschijnen (G65 Meizi naar Chazijiou). Dat is een express way en ik denk dat je daar niet kunt fietsen.
Wat is jullie ervaring daarmee? Wat doe je dan?
As far as I know – it’s officially illegal to cycle on expressways. But I can’t think of a single long-distance cyclist I know of who hasn’t done it. A couple of times we also rode the shoulder of highways, and passing policeman just smiled and waved at us from their cars.

The tunnels are nasty. Especially the ones that are over a couple of kms. long. Unless you want to ride back to a large town with a bus station…

To quote Amaya Williams again:
This cycling paradise didn’t last forever. A few hours later we were in something close to hell, spinning our wheels through a 5 kilometre long unlit/unfinished tunnel with water dripping from the ceiling manoeuvring our way around bulldozers and construction crews. It was the strangest tunnel I’ve ever encountered, It’s actually a maze of tunnels with roads branching off helter-skelter. It’s a wonder the whole mountain doesn’t collapse. Anyway, the Yangtze stretch was fabulous, so I choose to just block the tunnels from my memory.
We ended up walking our bikes through a couple of tunnels. One was around 4 km. long. Ugh!
This picture is from www.wlasnadroga.pl. I don’t remember the tunnels being as well lit as you can see in the picture, plus there was much more traffic. But you can see the “sidewalk” of paving slabs at the side of the tunnel that we walked on.

Bijlagen

Hi Grace, thank you so much for your post. It's full of worthfull information. I will study it :)
I love the photo's on your website. It gives a good impression about countries.

gr
Christel